Triangle is a national social fraternity for engineers, architects and scientists that was founded in 1907 at the University of Illinois. Triangle’s 37 nationwide chapters, 26,000 alumni, and over 100 years of history contribute to our rich traditions.
Because we limit our membership to students majoring in engineering, architecture and the sciences, Triangle is unique in the North-American Interfraternity Conference. Limiting our membership to these majors draws together outstanding men with similar coursework and career goals. Our national list-serves and message boards allow our alumni to share openings at their companies, in some cases before the jobs are made known to the general public. Triangle promotes professional growth for its brothers both before and after graduation.
Triangle is serious about scholarship. Preparing yourself for your future career and achieving academic success are your primary goals at Purdue. Even so, social and athletic participation provides an enhancement to your busy and challenging college curriculum.
In Fall 2016 Purdue Triangle ranked 3rd out of 39 fraternities on campus in new member GPA, and Triangle continuously finishes above the all-fraternity and sorority average and above the all-undergraduate campus average. This shows our commitment to academic excellence with both new members and active brothers.
Many people ask, “What are Triangle’s Greek letters?” Unlike most other social fraternities, we do not use a Greek letter name. This is one point that makes Triangle stand out in contrast to other fraternities on the Purdue campus. Triangle is easy to recognize as the only national fraternity for students in engineering, architecture and science.
The Purdue Triangle chapter house is located at 103 North University Street, directly across the street from campus.
Please be sure to sign up to visit us during recruitment. You’ll have a chance to get to know us and find out what makes Triangle a special kind of fraternity. If you’d like more information or would like to get on our recruitment list, just contact us and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible. We’d like to hear from you!
TRIANGLE CODE OF ETHICS
- Observe the precepts of the Fraternity as set forth in the Ritual;
- Accept cheerfully my full share of any task, however menial, involved in maintaining a chapter home;
- Preserve and promote the chosen ideals of my Fraternity;
- Pay all personal bills promptly, and always live within my means;
- Help create in my chapter home an environment in which enduring friendships may be formed;
- Maintain a creditable scholastic record;
- Promote the welfare of my profession;
- Maintain my self-respect by proper conduct at all times;
- Uphold faithfully the traditions and program of my Alma Mater;
- Pay the price of success in honest effort.